Information about how the new law affects bookings of more than 6 people.
Updated - 23/09/20 at 12.30pm
Following the Government update on Wednesday 9th September and Tuesday 22nd September it is now illegal for more than 6 people* of any age to meet inside or outside. The new law can be viewed here.
Pinelodge Holiday Ltd takes the Health and Safety of our guests and staff extremely seriously and these new rules will impact on some of our guests. Please be assured that our ‘Book with Confidence’ promise ensures that any guests affected will be able to amend their booking to a future date, receive a credit note or cancel and receive a full refund. Please refer to our T&Cs for details.
1. Who can still come on holiday?
1.1 If there are fewer than 6 people (including babies and children) in your group you can still come on holiday.
1.2 The only time a group of more than 6 will be permitted to come on holiday is if your household has more than 6 permanent residents or you are in a single adult household which is part of a legally permitted support bubble that contains more than 6 people. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are acting lawfully.
2. Who can no longer come on holiday?
2.1 Groups of more than 6 people (except those permitted under section 1.2) will not be allowed to stay in any of our lodges including lodges that would normally accommodate up to 8 guests. Please note that this includes all ages. Babies and infants are counted within the 6 people allowed.
2.2 If your lodge has more than 6 occupants and you do not comply with section 1.2 you will need to either cancel your booking, reduce the number of occupants to 6 or book an additional lodge. Please refer to our T&Cs for details.
3. We are a group of friends or families that have multiple lodges booked. Can we still come on holiday?
3.1. If all your lodges have less than 6 occupants then you can still come on holiday.
3.2. If you have any lodges booked that have more than 6 occupants and do not comply with section 1.2 then you will need to either cancel your booking, reduce the number of occupants to 6 or book an additional lodge. Please refer to our T&Cs for details.
3.3. Please be aware that even if you are legally allowed to come on holiday as your occupancy does not exceed 6 in any of the lodges, that you will not be allowed to meet in groups of more than 6 at any point during your holiday. This includes inside and outside.
3.4. If the ability to not meet as a larger group means that you no longer wish to come on holiday we will allow you to amend your booking to a future date, receive a credit note or cancel and receive a full refund. Please refer to our T&Cs for details.
4. How do the new rules affect other aspects of my holiday?
4.1. You will only be allowed to book a maximum of 6 people onto an Activity such as archery or swimming.
4.2. You will only be allowed to book a table at our Restaurant and cafe for up to 6 people. You will not be allowed to swap tables once seated and you must stay at least 2 metres apart from the other tables.
My holiday is affected by the new law. What do I do now?
Firstly, we would like to assure you that as a reputable family business you will be covered under our ‘Book with Confidence’ promise but to make the process as efficient and fair as possible we will need to process customer requests in arrival date order. It would significantly help speed up the process if guests could adhere to the following procedures.
Guests due to arrive up until the 31st October 2020:
- If you are unable to come on holiday as your party make up would be breaking the law, please call 01629 732428 at your earliest convenience so that we can make arrangements for you ASAP. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org and request a call back. Please refer to the email details below but also put October booking in the subject heading. We will allow you to amend your booking to a future date, receive a credit note or cancel and receive a full refund. Please refer to our T&Cs for details.
Arrivals up until the 31st December 2020:
- Although a date is not confirmed, we anticipate that the new law will be in place for several months. You do not have to make a decision about your booking until the final balance is due for payment, but if you want to cancel in advance because your party make up would be breaking the current law please email email@example.com. We will allow you to amend your booking to a future date, receive a credit note or cancel and receive a full refund. Please refer to our T&Cs for details.
Arrivals after the 1st January 2021:
- For 2021 arrivals we will await Government clarification and advise in due course.
If you are affected by the new law please email firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- Name of Lead Booker
- Reference Number
- Arrival Date
- Telephone Number
Then whether you wish to:
- Cancel and receive a full refund (For holidays up until the 31st October)
- Receive a Credit Note
Amending your holiday. If you would prefer to amend your holiday arrival date, please check availability on the website and then email your new preferred travel dates and lodge type/size. Please do not make a new booking online. If you do not know your new travel dates, we can hold your money in credit against your account.
Please note, we will be rearranging holidays in order of arrival date and ask for your patience at this difficult time.
What happens if I have booked through Hoseasons?
If you have booked your holiday through Hoseasons or Landal UK you will need to contact them directly as due to GDPR we are unable to access your booking to process amends or cancellations.
Terms & Conditions:
T&Cs: Please refer to the date ranges above.
For amended holidays, if the cost of your new holiday is lower, then we will refund the difference and if the cost is higher, you will need to pay the difference.
If you are required to book an additional lodge to make your holiday lawful then you will be required to pay the full cost of the lodge. No refunds will be provided if you reduce the number of occupants in a 4 bedroom lodge to comply with the law.
If you cancel and request a refund it may take up to 28 days to process. Cancellations will be dealt with and processed in arrival date order.
If you choose to receive a credit note it will be valid for holidays up until the 31st October 2021.
For the safety of all our guests and staff, if you arrive on holiday and are found to be breaking the law, you will be reported to the appropriate authority and asked to leave the park. You will not be entitled to a refund.
* Please refer to section 1.2